CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Patrons must comply with all laws, regulations, directions and rules issued by government or any government authority or by Melbourne & Olympic Parks (M&OP) while in CENTREPIECE or on surrounding M&OP property.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, and/or pursuant to the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 entry to the venue is subject to the following Conditions of Entry:
The venue is licensed and as such, the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the venue.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry/ evicted from the venue.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated areas.
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
- Breaches of these laws may result in eviction from the venue and the persons being reported to the Police (penalties apply under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998).
CENTREPIECE is a smoke-free venue. Smoking is not permitted within the venue or 4 meters from all venue entrances.
Restrictions On Entry
M&OP management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any person;
- Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the venue at any time.
Ejection From Venue
A person may be liable for prosecution or a fine or may be ejected from the venue where that person:
- Uses foul or abusive language or makes racial or threatening remarks or gestures;
- Is deemed by venue management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour;
- Enters the venue or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation; or
- Fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from venue staff.
- No ticket or registration refund will be paid to any person who is ejected from the venue.
The following items are not permitted in the venue:
- Any item or bag that is too large to fit under a seat
- Illegal substances including controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs
- Incendiary devices (flares, fireworks and smoke bombs)
- Firearms and explosives, chemical, radioactive or biological substances
- Animals (other than Assistance Dogs)
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates
- Any other item that in the opinion of MOPT management could cause harm or public nuisance.
- Any other item that per hirer/client conditions is not permitted in the venue or event
All items will be visually inspected by our staff on entry.
- Persons under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times within the venue.
- By entering the venue patrons agree for their image, likeness or voice to be used as part of any recording of the event.
- Patrons are advised that the venue is fitted with electronic surveillance and patrons may be filmed in any area of the venue.
- Patrons enter at their own risk. Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust (the Trust) has no liability whatsoever for any damaged, lost or stolen property nor for any other loss, damage or injury suffered by any patron, whether in contract, tort or statutory liability to the full extent permitted by law.
- In addition to the matters set out above, the Trust may exercise any rights granted under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009 (Vic) or other legislation or regulations pertaining to the Arena.